Catch Fireworks, Parades for the Fourth
A look at some local Independence Day events, plus a few down the shore.
West Deptford might not have any plans for the Fourth, but there are still plenty of parades and fireworks shows nearby. Here's the rundown:
Sunday, July 3
- National Park: the annual Independence Day parade starts at 10 a.m., beginning at Girard and Hessian avenues and continuing up to 2nd Street.
- Washington Township: the annual fireworks show starts at dusk at Washington Township High School, 529 Hurffville Cross-Keys Rd.
- Gloucester City: fireworks go off at 7 p.m. at Cold Springs Elementary on Market Street.
Down the shore:
- Avalon: fireworks, touted as the state's biggest display, go off after a concert at 7 p.m. at 30th Street and the beach.
Monday, July 4
- Pitman: the annual parade kicks off at 9:55 a.m. from Highland Terrace. The parade goes down Highland to Adams Avenue, from Adams over to Broadway, and down Broadway to Lambs Road. Fireworks go off at Alcyon Lake Park at dusk.
- Wenonah: the annual parade starts at 8:30 a.m. and travels the length of Mantua Avenue. Afterward, there are hot dogs and a beer garden at the fire hall and fire truck rides for kids.
- Westville: fireworks go off at dusk on the riverfront, viewable from along River Drive.
- Collingswood: fireworks start at 9:15 p.m. at Collingswood High School, 424 Collings Ave.
- Cherry Hill: Cherry Hill High School West hosts Independence Day activities; gates open at 7 p.m., events start at 8 p.m. and fireworks go off at 9 p.m.
Down the shore:
- Atlantic City: a pair of fireworks shows will light up the skies; the first starts at 9:20 p.m. at the marina district, while a second goes off above the boardwalk at 9:45 p.m.
- Cape May: fireworks will go off at 9 p.m. over Congress Beach.
- Margate: fireworks launch above the beach at Huntington Avenue at 9 p.m.
- Ocean City: fireworks launch near the Music Pier at 9 p.m. and are viewable from along the boardwalk.
- Sea Isle: fireworks start at 9 p.m. at JFK Boulevard and the beach.
- Stone Harbor: the fireworks show begins at 9:30 p.m. at the 80th Street beach.
- Wildwood: fireworks are slated for 10 p.m. over the beach at Pine Avenue.