Grab and Go Family Planner: Dinosaurs and More
Kick into fall with more family-friendly events.
The Grand Opening of the Dinosaurium
- Where/When: Garden State Discovery Museum–2040 Springdale Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ. 9:30 a.m-5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- What's Going On: Roar in the roaring room, dig up fossils, climb and slide on a Climb-a-saurus and much more at this grand opening event. This 2,000-square-foot addition to the Discovery Museum is entirely focused on exploring dinosaurs in a fun way!
- Pricing: $10.95 for adults and children that are 12 months and over.
The Little Red Hen
- Where/When: The Broadway Theatre of Pitman–43 S. Broadway, Pitman, NJ. 10 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 16. 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- What's Going On: In this classic barnyard tale, the Little Red Hen finds a grain of wheat, plants it, watches it grow, and finally makes bakes it into a delicious loaf of bread. But none of the animals she turned to along the way had helped her. Should she still share her delicious bread?
- Pricing: $9
- Where/When: Challenge Grove Park–100 Borton's Mill Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 18.
- What's Going On: Have a day of family fun while raising money to combat pediatric heart disease, cancer and premature birth. This event will have face painting, a petting zoo, dunk tank, arts and crafts, kid friendly food and much more.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
Story Time with Miss Heather
- Where/When: Boscov's at the Deptford Mall–1750 Deptford Center Rd., Deptford, NJ. 11:45 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- What's Going On: Enjoy story time in the kid's section with Miss Heather this Saturday! This event is in conjunction with the Logan Township Library.
- Pricing: free
Wool & Wheels
- Where/When: Red Bank Battlefield/Whitall Museum–100 Hessian Ave., National Park, NJ. Noon-4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 18.
- What's Going On: Learn how to spin wool on a spinning wheel the way that Ann Whitall did many years ago. Take a wander around this historic park and its Revolutionary War sites. The park and museum are situated right on the Delaware River and also features scenic walkways, a picnic area, and a playground.
- Pricing: The demonstration is free, and tours are scheduled by appointment.