Grab and Go Family Planner: 4th of July Weekend
The American flag will surely be flying high this weekend! But before the barbecue what do we do? Here are five events you can take the whole family to this weekend.
Get out and enjoy nature, see a local parade, fireworks, a good ole-fashioned car show and more- all this weekend. Admission is free to four of the events!
Nature Explorers: Bird Walk-Scotland Run Park
- Where/When: The Nature Center in Scotland Run Park–Academy St., Clayton, NJ. 10-11:30 a.m. on Friday, June 1.
- What’s Going On: Enjoy the sights of the largest park in the county, and bring the whole family out for the Nature Center’s “Bird Walk." Scotland Run Park features nature trails, fishing lakes, and a picnic center and playground across the street. Don’t forget to bring your binoculars!
- Pricing: Free
Canada Day Picnic
- Where/When: Greenwich Township Library–411 Swedesboro Rd., Gibbstown, NJ 2-3 p.m. on Friday, June 1.
- What’s Going On: Bring a picnic lunch and make a treat that Canadians enjoy with the wonderful people from the Greenwich Library! Guess what it will be?
- Pricing: free
Independence Day Splash Party & Fireworks
- Where/When: The Adventure Aquarium–1 Riverside Dr., Camden, NJ. 6:30-10 p.m. on Saturday, July 2.
- What’s Going On: Take the whole family through America’s
“Most Touchable Aquarium” where you can interact with real sea creatures at the features Stingray Beach Club and Interactive Inlet. Check out the aquarium with over 8,500 animals and then head to the private outdoor promenade to view the Philadelphia fireworks right across the river! There is also an indoor viewing area for guests that don’t enjoy the loud sounds of the fireworks but want to see them all the same. There are limited tickets for this event.
- Pricing: $20 for adults, $10 for children (ages 2-12)
Pitman 4thof July Parade and Fireworks
- Where/When: Highland Terrace–Pitman, NJ. The parade begins at 9:55 a.m. on Monday, July 4.
- What’s Going On: Come be a part of this annual tradition and celebrate our nation’s independence in historic Pitman! Parade participants will be judged in categories such as Best Color Guard, Best Animal Entry, Best Float, Best Antique Vehicle and more. Then head up to Alcyon Lake at dusk to see the local fireworks.
- Pricing: free
- Where/When: The Silver Diner–2131 Rt. 38 Cherry Hill, NJ. 8 a.m.-noon on Sunday, July 3.
- What’s Going On: Spend your morning perusing cars of many varieties at the Silver Diner before heading off to an afternoon barbecue! Over 80 trophies in 18 different categories will be awarded and the first 250 people who register will receive free t-shirts.
- Pricing: Tickets to the event are free, registering a car for the event costs $20.