While Oct. 31 is now behind us, trick-or-treating is still days away.
With Hurricane Sandy delivering a hard blow to much of New Jersey and Gov. Chris Christie signing an executive order, the date of Halloween has moved twice in West Deptford.
As it stands now, Halloween trick-or-treating is scheduled in West Deptford for Monday, Nov. 5. Township committee members have also passed a resolution to institute a special curfew of 8 p.m. on both Nov. 5 and Nov. 4—just in case anyone decides to postpone mischief night as well.
Halloween is moved, but what about all the local events that go along went with Halloween? Are they postponed, canceled or have they already passed?
Here is a list of Halloween events in the region and where they stand after Hurricane Sandy:
Woodbury Public Library
- South Jersey Ghost Research Presentation - canceled until next year
West Deptford Public Schools
- School Halloween Parades - postponed to Friday, Nov. 2
West Deptford Public Library
- Tuesday Night at The Movies - canceled
- Shiver, Shudder, Shake…Scream! - held on Oct. 27
RiverWinds Community Center
- Spookypalooza - canceled until next year
Woodbury Main Street
- Trick-or-Treat on Broad - held on Oct. 31
Did Patch miss a Halloween event that was canceled or postponed? Please feel to include it in the comments.