Vandalism and Theft Top This Week's Crimelog
The following information was provided by the West Deptford Police Department.
- A 1-inch, 16-gauge flat bar of galvanized steel was stolen from the rear of SSM Industries, Inc. on Grandview Avenue on Dec. 1.
- Sprinkler systems were the target of thefts on Dec. 7 at residences on Worcester and Saxon drives. Two backflow preventers were stolen after being broken off from the sprinkler system.
- Vandals damaged two different sprinkler systems by smashing the PVC pipe connected to the backflow preventer and then removing them on Dec. 7. Both sprinkler systems were located at Knight Hawk Circle.
- A roommate stole a Canon digital camera and camera equipment from a Tatum Street residence on Dec. 8.
- The vinyl siding of a residence on Crown Point Road was damaged on Dec. 8. The vandals made three holes in the siding. A large river rock was observed just below the holes.
- Stereo and video equipment was stolen from a vehicle on Dec. 8. The vehicle was on Crown Point Road at the time of the entry.
- A BMX bike was stolen from a breezeway at a residence on Lancing Road on Dec.8
- A glitter ice snowman was stolen off the front yard of a residence on Cobblestone Court on Dec. 9. All other Christmas decorations on the front lawn were not disturbed.
- $50 was stolen off of the kitchen table of an unlocked apartment on Dec. 10. Apart from the money, nothing else in the apartment on Apple Lane was disturbed.
- A locked shed on Crown Point Road was damaged after vandals attempted to break in on Dec. 10. The vandals cracked the trim off the door, left pry marks and punched out the key hole on the door handle.
- A brass backflow preventer was stolen in between Dec. 11 and Dec. 12 from a residence on Starling Court. Broken PVC pieces were found on the ground of the residence.