Want to know where to bring the kids this weekend? Patch has got you covered! Every week we will be providing local events sure to put a smile on anyone's face.
- Where/When: Wells Fargo Center, 3601 Broad St., Philadelphia, PA, on Sunday, Feb. 27 from 1:30-6 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Meet your favorite Flyers at this yearly charity event! Flyers Wives, in union with the Comcast-Spectacor Foundation, will be raising money for over 100 different charities including Living Beyond Breast Cancer and March of Dimes. You can sit in the penalty box, hit the dunk tank, take a shot on goal against an actual Flyer goalie, or get into one of the many events happening at the carnival. Charity auctions will run throughout the day along with an assortment of food and merchandise vendors.
- Pricing: Tickets range from $15 to $37 depending on the package. See the website for details.
Jack and the Beanstalk
- Where/When: The Players Club of Swarthmore, 614 Fairview Ave., Swarthmore, PA. Show are Friday, Feb 25 and Saturday, Feb 26 at 7 p.m.
- What’s Going On: This is the last weekend to catch the classic tale of Jack and the Beanstalk acted out live on stage with a twist! Jack’s father has been taken by an awful giant that lives up in the clouds, and now it is up to Jack to save him. Time to sell the cow and buy some magic beans! Jack and the Beanstalk will be shown in Swarthmore’s 80-seat black-box theater known as Second Stage.
- Pricing: $10 a ticket
Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
- Where/When: Grumblethorpe, 5267 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA, Saturday, Feb. 26 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Come celebrate the life of one of the best known and well loved kids authors in America, Dr. Seuss. Participants will hear the classic Dr. Seuss story The King’s Stilts, make their own stilts and have birthday cake and punch.
- Pricing: $5 a person. To register call 215-880-8620. Limited spaces are available.
- Where/When: Garden State Discovery Museum, 2040 Springdale Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ, from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26 and Sunday, Feb. 27.
- What’s Going On: Join the crew at Garden State Discovery Museum on an African safari scavenger hunt! Make accessories to go along with the trip, see live animals, and enjoy all the fun exhibits of the Discovery Museum. At 1 p.m. on Saturday only enjoy the local musical sensation Peas and Carrots!
- Pricing: $9.95 for adults and children, $8.95 for seniors and free for children under 12 months old.
Black History Month
- Where/When- The Constitution Center, 525 Arch St., Independence Mall, Philadelphia PA, Feb. 25, 26 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Take part in a wide variety of events and programs highlighting Black History Month at the Constitution Center. Learn about the lives of the nation’s greatest African-American leaders in interactive programs, including programs exploring slavery, the Tuskegee Airmen and the “Buffalo Soldiers” of the late 19th century. The Constitution Center’s main exhibit, The Story of We the People, will also highlight the extraordinary achievements of African-Americans throughout our nation’s history. Event details are not listed on the Constitution Center's website. Call for details.
- Pricing: Free with the admission cost of $12 for adults, $11 for seniors and $8 for children. Active military with ID get in for free as well as children under the age of 4.