Sports fans, now's your chance to help immortalize some of the greatest to ever play the game in West Deptford—at the high school level, at least.
The district is looking for your input as it commemorates the athletic careers of its most athletically gifted alumni and alumnae. Guidelines below reprinted from the WDHS Athletics Department.
- To be nominated for the Athletic Hall of Fame as an Athlete, the individual must be a former student of West Deptford High School who has been out of high school for a minimum of five years and must have attended two years in grades nine to twelve at West Deptford.
- To be nominated as an athlete, the individual must have been outstanding as an athlete while at West Deptford or as an athlete after graduation.
- To be nominated as a coach, she/he must have coached five or more years in the West Deptford Schools.
- To be nominated in another capacity, the individual must have made a significant contribution while associated with the athletic program.
- The selection committee will consider the character, citizenship, good sportsmanship, and leadership of the nominee during high school and beyond.
- To be honored for team recognition, a team must have achieved an outstanding record of accomplishments. Five or more years must have elapsed before consideration.
- Nominations can be made by anyone who feels an individual or a team is worthy of the honor.
- The selection committee will consist of: an administrator, the athletic director, two former coaches, one current coach, and two former athletes.
- All nominations must be submitted on nomination forms which will be made available at the High School office.
- Nomination forms will be submitted to the athletic director for presentation to the committee.
- All applications for candidates not selected will be retained to be reviewed for consideration in the following years.
- The Committee will select no more than four persons per year for induction. The Committee will select one team to be honored per year.
- All inductees will be honored at a banquet in the fall. The banquet will be held in the school or other location determined by the committee.
- The honorees, guest, and team will be guests of the Board of Education at the varsity football game held the same weekend as the banquet. Inductees and team will be recognized at half time of the game.